Aerospike on ARM (AER-6556)

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to ask this.

I’m trying to compile aerospike server git source code on an ARM machine. Is this possible?

All the required dependencies have been installed and when I execute the make command, following the README.md file. The process stops with this error message:

make[1]: Entering directory `/root/aerospike-server/modules/common'
cc -Isrc/include -std=gnu99 -g -Wall -fPIC -O3 -fno-common -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-functions -march=nocona -DMARCH_armv7l -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DMEM_COUNT -DENHANCED_ALLOC -rdynamic -I/root/aerospike-server/cf/include -o target/Linux-armv7l/obj/common/aerospike/as_module.o -c src/main/aerospike/as_module.c
cc: error: unrecognized argument in option ‘-march=nocona’
cc: note: valid arguments to ‘-march=’ are: armv2 armv2a armv3 armv3m armv4 armv4t armv5 armv5e armv5t armv5te armv6 armv6-m armv6j armv6k armv6s-m armv6t2 armv6z armv6zk armv7 armv7-a armv7-m armv7-r armv7e-m armv8-a armv8-a+crc iwmmxt iwmmxt2 native
make[1]: *** [target/Linux-armv7l/obj/common/aerospike/as_module.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/aerospike-server/modules/common'
make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks a lot like it is a problem with ARM compatibility…

Sorry Aerospike doesn’t support the arm architecture.

I would suspect there could be issues with memory alignment on ARM. You may also have issues with endianness.

There has been a bit of discussion on github.com/aerospike/aerospike-server regarding an effort to port to PowerPC.

6.2 has been released with ARM support: Aerospike Server CE Release Note | Download | Aerospike

This topic was automatically closed 84 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.