Aerospike Server version 184.108.40.206 was released on May 14, 2020.
This major release contains a New Feature, and Improvements.
- If using XDR, it is strongly advised to upgrade to version 220.127.116.11 or above. Refer to AER-6231 and the 18.104.22.168 release notes for details.
- The Cross-Datacenter Replication (XDR) feature has been redesigned for improvements in speed and simplicity. Refer to:
- Cross-Datacenter Replication (XDR) running in Aerospike Server version 5.0 can only connect to XDR destination clusters running versions 4.1 or newer.
All nodes must be upgraded to Aerospike Server version 22.214.171.124 or newer prior to upgrading to Aerospike Server version 5.0.
- Aerospike Server version 5.0 will not form a cluster with version 4.8 nodes or earlier.
- When upgrading the Aerospike Server refer to the Special Upgrades documentation.
- The Aerospike Server will not start if obsolete configuration parameters are set in the Aerospike configuration file (aerospike.conf).
- The maximum cluster size is now increased to 256 nodes. However, the actual limit when using multicast heartbeat mode will depend on the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU).
- There is a 132 node limit with MTU of 1500. A 256 node limit can be achieved with an MTU of 9000.
- ATTENTION: As of Aerospike Server version 4.9, expirations and evictions are disabled by default.
- XDR, using ACL, in server versions between 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 cannot ship to this version. The simplest workaround is to avoid using those versions.
- Community Edition clusters now limit the maximum amount of data to 5TB of unique data. Refer to:
- Please reach out to your account representative if you are interested in Kerberos support.
- Community Only
- [AER-6226] - (DEPLOYMENT) Limited Community Edition clusters to 5TB of unique data.
- Enterprise & Community
- [AER-6202] - (KVS) Increased maximum supported configuration file line length to 1024 characters.
- [AER-6217] - (KVS) Increased ‘bin_names_quota’ to 65535.
- [AER-6218] - (KVS) Service context configuration item ‘proto-fd-max’ may now be dynamically set as high as the system’s current process file descriptor limit.
- [AER-6219] - (KVS) Removed support for very old clients that sent key without digest.
- [AER-6222] - (KVS) Do not start the server if the configuration file contains obsolete items.
- [AER-6221] - (LOGGING) Streamlined cold start storage load ticker logging.
- Enterprise Only
- [AER-6225] - (DEPLOYMENT) Increased maximum cluster size to 256.
- [AER-6200] - (XDR) Redesigned XDR system, including significant changes to configuration and statistics.
- aerospike-tools 3.26.2