How to update the Aerospike feature-key-file.
How to update the file and/or location of the digitally signed
feature-key-file (features.conf) containing the Aerospike features that are enabled.
This file is required to enable features such as: All Flash (index-type flash), Compression, Encryption At Rest, LDAP, Persistent Memory (index-type pmem), Strong Consistency, etc…
feature-key-file name and location same as previously configured Aerospike Configuration File (aerospike.conf)
If maintaining the same
feature-key-file (e.g. features.conf) name and location (e.g. /etc/aerospike/features.conf).
Simply, replace the original
feature-key-file (features.conf) with the new feature-key-file (features.conf).
There is no need to perform a restart. The feature key expiration date is only checked on startup. Therefore, upon expiration, the Aerospike server will continue to run, but the updated feature key will not be enabled until a subsequent restart.
feature-key-file name or location changed from previously configured Aerospike Configuration File (aerospike.conf)
If changing the
feature-key-file name or location
Replace the new
feature-key-file name at the desired location.
Replace the Aerospike Configuration File (e.g. /etc/aerospike/aerospike.conf)
feature-key-file configuration parameter value to the updated feature-key-file location and filename.
Optional - It is a good practice to perform a rolling restart of all nodes in the cluster at this point to make sure the configuration is correct and avoid potential surprises on a later restart which could be unexpected.
feature-key-file value is a static configuration parameter that can only be set when starting the node.
Upon changing the
feature-key-file configuration parameter value a rolling restart would have to be performed on all of the nodes.
- Configuration Parameter feature-key-file: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/reference/configuration/index.html#feature-key-file
- All Flash: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/plan/capacity/#aerospike-all-flash
- Configuration Parameter index-type: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/reference/configuration/index.html#index-type
- Configuring Storage Compression: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/configure/namespace/storage/compression.html
- Configuration Parameter compression: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/reference/configuration/index.html#compression
- Encryption At Rest: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/configure/security/encryption-at-rest/index.html
- Configuration Parameter encryption: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/reference/configuration/index.html#encryption
- Configuring LDAP: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/configure/security/ldap/index.html
- Configuration Parameter enable-ldap: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/reference/configuration/index.html#enable-ldap
- Configuration Parameter strong-consistency: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/reference/configuration/index.html#strong-consistency
FEATURE-KEY-FILE FEATURE KEY FLASH COMPRESSION ENCRYPTION LDAP PERSISTENT MEMORY STRONG CONSISTENCY