LDT support in backup/restore and XDR

I am just aware that LDT is not supported by backup/restore tools and XDR. For LDT to be production ready, I think at least a backup/restore solution should be provided. LDT completes Aerospike with range query on large ordered list, so LDT is a very important part, at least to my use case. Do you have a plan whether/when LDT will be supported by backup/restore tools?

Also, if a record have regular bins and LDT bins. Does current backup/restore/XDR just ignore the LDT bins and only handle the regular bins? Restoring/XDR does not clear LDT bins in the destination record, right?

Thanks.

LDT backup for LLIST is something we have started active development for. Will report back. Thanks for patience.

Re: mixed regular bins and LDT bins. Yes, current backup tool will return only regular bins.

Thank you @wchu, look forward to the backup/restore feature!

I am also very interested in this feature. (Backups for Large ordered Lists) Not being able to backup my whole data was a huge concern with deploying AS and therefore we have postponed usage of AS till the backup option exists or we came up with our own solution.

Thank you very much for providing this crucial information to the whole community!

@lming and @ManuelSchmidt:

Thank you for your patience on this. LDT backup for LLIST will be featured in our upcoming server release (3.5.10) planned very soon! :heart_eyes:

Feel free to bookmark our Server release notes page on our website so you are always aware of the latest server release enhancements, features and fixes. Bookmark our Announcements page on the forum to get notified about ALL our new releases (server, client, tools, and AMC).

Cheers,

Maud

This feature is live! We never did release 3.5.10, but we just released server release 3.5.12 on May 28, which features LDT backup support for LLIST.

Enjoy!

Thanks Maud. This was helpful, also any active development started for “LDT support in XDR”?

-Shaik Idris, Inmobi Tech

Currently we do not have plans to add LDT shipping in XDR.

Thank you for posting about LDTs in our forum. Please see the LDT Feature Guide for current LDT recommendations and best practices.

@lming and @ManuelSchmidt,

Effective immediately, we will no longer actively support the LDT feature and will eventually remove the API. The exact deprecation and removal timeline will depend on customer and community requirements. Instead of LDTs, we advise that you use our newer List and SortedMap APIs, which are now available in all Aerospike-supported clients at the General Availability level. Read our blog post for details.