Querying Array Bins -> wait for the support of index on lists/maps

Hi all, I have a data set with an array bin. How can I query the data set to find items matching a value in the array?

Thanks Rafi

Rafi,

You seem to need to access the record by index lookup on the element of array. Aerospike does not support index on array type. You may have to wait for the support of index on lists/maps. Then you can store value in list and create index over it

– R

HI Raj, Do you know if / when is it planned?

Rafi

We don’t have an exact date, but Indexing on list/map is something very high on our list.

Any update on that issue? even not exact date…

I can’t comment on a date, but if you look at our client release notes (for instance, those for the latest Go release), you’ll see that new client features include adding support for indexing complex types (lists, maps). These will become fully available with a near-future release of the Aerospike server. Stay tuned!

@rafiton,

Thank you for posting about LDTs in our forum. Please see the LDT Feature Guide for current LDT recommendations and best practices.

@rafiton,

Effective immediately, we will no longer actively support the LDT feature and will eventually remove the API. The exact deprecation and removal timeline will depend on customer and community requirements. Instead of LDTs, we advise that you use our newer List and SortedMap APIs, which are now available in all Aerospike-supported clients at the General Availability level. Read our blog post for details.