RAM Size increasing Even after delete key with LDT Set on Cluster

hi ,

we are currently using LDT(large data types : SET) and problem is Memory usage was continuously growing an d showing least availabilty of resources. even after deleting the respective key( on particular LTD record) and destroying the set.

the above scenario was observed in cluster environment only. once we restarted the cluster then memory was clearing.

Regards Praveen.thota

Hi Praveen,

The LSet type has been deprecated since February with release 3.5.2. Please move your code to LList, as that will be the one supported.

thanks rbotzer

i will move my code from LSET to LList.

if i move my code to LList then above issue( Memory usage was continuously growing and showing least availabilty of resources after deleting the respective key on cluster environment) will resolve ?

please let me know because above issue particular happens at cluster environment.

Regards Praveen.Thota

Well, I’d search the discussion forum for that. However, LList is where bug fixes and optimizations will happen, so you should migrate to it, or off of LDTs if you want higher performance and more stability.

@praveen_kumar,

Thank you for posting about LDTs in our forum. Please see the LDT Feature Guide for current LDT recommendations and best practices.

@praveen_kumar,

Effective immediately, we will no longer actively support the LDT feature and will eventually remove the API. The exact deprecation and removal timeline will depend on customer and community requirements. Instead of LDTs, we advise that you use our newer List and SortedMap APIs, which are now available in all Aerospike-supported clients at the General Availability level. Read our blog post for details.