FAQ Return codes when scan is completed
What is the meaning for the value in the last parenthesis for the “…finished scan job…” message in Aerospike logs? What do I expect to see as the error on the client side?
Here’s a list of the scan job codes that can appear in the server log file when the job ends along with the error code on the client side:
... finished basic scan job 1212041721745525185 (0)
- 0 - scan job completed normally
- 1 - scan job ended due to unknown error (possibly a memory allocation failure, or a failure in UDF execution if an aggregation scan) - AS_JOB_FAIL_UNKNOWN
- 7 - scan job abandoned due to cluster key changing with “scan fail on cluster change” option set - AS_JOB_FAIL_CLUSTER_KEY
- 4 - Parameter error (Possibly maxRetries was set to a value higher than zero, causing duplicate scan request with same trid)
- 15 - scan job killed by user - AS_JOB_FAIL_USER_ABORT
Additionally, beginning with server 3.10, the following codes are also possible:
- -1 - error (other than a timeout) sending response to client - AS_JOB_FAIL_RESPONSE_ERROR
- -2 - timeout sending response to client - AS_JOB_FAIL_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT
For Aerospike server versions >= 3.6 and < 3.10, code 1 (unknown) could also mean that there was an error or timeout sending the response to the client. In fact, that has been the most common meaning of code 1 whenever it has appeared, which is why we added the new codes -1 and -2 server 3.10 onwards.
UDF CLIENT CODE PROTO SCAN