Benchmark - Demartek Evaluation of 'Dell / Samsung / Aerospike' Fraud Prevention Solution (October 20, 2015)

As innovation drives ever-increasing performance of computing hardware, application and user demands grow to take advantage of those improvements. Data is also growing at exponential levels, and that data has to be delivered and processed efficiently. Service levels that were accepted just a few years ago can’t keep up with modern business expectations. Products that reduce application response times drive up the user experience. Millisecond service times at the device level can equal seconds of latency to applications and users. This type of delay just isn’t acceptable anymore, particularly in highly transactional computing environments. Devices that can turn around I/O requests in microseconds are emerging as the platforms of choice for demanding workloads.

NVMe is the newest interface for solid state technology deployable today. By standardizing the interface for PCIe solid state drives with performance-enhancing features like optimized I/O queuing and support for parallel operations within each I/O queue, NMVe devices enable extremely low I/O request latency. When coupled with large bandwidths and throughput for each individual SSD, NMVe SSDs significantly reduce response times for complex workloads and real-time operations on large datasets.

Dell, a leading vendor of enterprise servers, commissioned Demartek to validate the performance of a complex fraud prevention analysis workload powered by the Aerospike NoSQL database running on a cluster of Dell PowerEdge R730xd servers with Samsung SM1715 NVMe SSDs. The Aerospike distributed NoSQL database is optimized for extremely fast transactions on flash storage, making the PowerEdge R730xd server and SM1715 NVMe drives an ideal platform to deliver exceptional transactional performance for a robust application experience.

Click here to read the full Demartek evaluation of the Dell - Samsung - Aerospike fraud prevention solution, or, if you prefer, view this 4-minute video on the topic here.

Feel free to discuss the evaluation in this post. We look forward to your comments!

Hello there,

I have come across fraud protection application and I have downloaded the required application (tfaulkes) from git, from https://github.com/tfaulkes/aerospike-client-java1

I was trying to build the application using build all, but it fails with the below error:

./build_all ./build_all: line 3: $‘\r’: command not found [INFO] Scanning for projects… [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Build Order: [INFO] [INFO] aerospike-client [INFO] aerospike-examples [INFO] aerospike-benchmarks [INFO] aerospike-servlet [INFO] aerospike-parent [INFO] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Building aerospike-client 3.1.6 [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary: [INFO] [INFO] aerospike-client … FAILURE [ 0.001 s] [INFO] aerospike-examples … SKIPPED [INFO] aerospike-benchmarks … SKIPPED [INFO] aerospike-servlet … SKIPPED [INFO] aerospike-parent … SKIPPED [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE