Client.createIndex exception

by denip » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:38 am

Hi, I keep getting this exception while trying to invoke client.createIndex method:

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException at com.aerospike.client.command.Buffer.utf8ToString(Buffer.java:176) at com.aerospike.client.Info.getValue(Info.java:148) at com.aerospike.client.AerospikeClient.createIndex(AerospikeClient.java:819),

and i can’t figure out what’s causing it…if i missed something during installation process, or in the configuration file…

Anyway, i checked the log file, and found this line: “INFO (info): (base/thr_info.c:2881) received command sindex-create, not registered”…it doesn’t tell me much, and i’m not sure if it has anything to do with the exception above.

I’m new to all this, so i apologize if i’m asking a rather trivial question. Hope someone can help me out. Tnx

by young » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 am

I believe you may be using a feature not yet released. What we have done is created a unified Java client that serves both 2.x and 3.x. The create index feature is for 3.x which is not yet publicly available. We will be releasing that very soon, however in beta form.