Executing aql query from python client

Is there a way to execute the aql query directly from the Python Client? Like directly execute “select * from test” without using the provided select function in the Python client.

Thanks!

AQL is application written using the Aerospike C Client - the Aerospike Python client utilizes the C client as well. So running AQL inside Python does not make sense. All that you can do via AQL, you can directly do via Python Client calls.

My question might not be clear. I am asking if there is some function, say run_query(query), that accepts a string as an argument where the string is actually an AQL query. I understand I can use the provided functions but then I have to additionally do some string parsing which I would like to avoid.

Thanks!

The answer is no. Aerospike does not understand AQL query syntax. AQL parses the text you type … interpretting “INSERT” as a put() call, ignoring “INTO”, picking namespace, setname, key (form PK) arguments and then your bin names and values - forms and sends the C API call to Aerospike. Aerospike Python client does not have AQL syntax interpreter built in it.

However, AQL does take a text file input. Look at RUN command on AQL> prompt or the -f command line option in aql. You can stack all your AQL commands in a text file and “run” it … if that helps with what you are trying to do.