we need to move some records from the Set “item” to the set “item-archive” . Periodically.
I’m doing the job with this steps:
- Read the records from the “item” Set with a Query.
- Parse the records to the C# object MyItem
- Write the object MyItem into the “item-archive” Set
- Delete the record from the “item” Set
“item” and “item-archive” have the same Bins and key but differ for the secondary indexes.
I was wondering if there is a fast way to do this “moving”:
- Read and Write the record without converting it to a client language object (C# class)
- Given a record simply “change” its Set
Any suggestion to accomplish this task in a different way ?