Need Urgent help: Local disk inaccessible after Aerospike installation

Hi,

I am an aerospike starter and just installed aerospike on Ubuntu 16.04 (memory + ssd config) with following namespace entry in config on my laptop. Aerospike is working fine but I am unable to access any of my local disk or programs. Does aerospike installation format the local disk or change user access. Need urgent help as this has killed my laptop.

namespace aepoc {
        replication-factor 2
        memory-size 4G
        default-ttl 30d # 30 days, use 0 to never expire/evict.
        storage-engine device {
device /dev/sda2
write-block-size 128K
}
result of df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev            7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /dev
tmpfs           1.6G   18M  1.6G   2% /run
**/dev/sda2       9.0Z  9.0Z  286G 100% /**
tmpfs           7.8G   28M  7.8G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M  4.0K  5.0M   1% /run/lock
tmpfs           7.8G     0  7.8G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1       511M  3.4M  508M   1% /boot/efi
tmpfs           1.6G   68K  1.6G   1% /run/user/1000

You have configured Aerospike to use this device. If that device holds the OS or anything else, Aerospike may overwrite those files. If you have lost any valued files, there isn’t a simple way to recover them. Assuming you didn’t load much into Aerospike, the first 1MB of the device + the approximate amount written to Aerospike is all that wouldn’t be recoverable. If you wish to recover any files from that device, it is very important to stop writing to the device (this includes not using an OS on that device). You can create a backup of the device so that you can later recover uncorrupted files using the following command:

# command to backup
dd if=/dev/sda2 of=path/to/backup/file # be sure this file isn't on /dev/sda2 or you will cause more data to not be recoverable. 

From there you will need to search for file recovery tools for Linux. Here is a good place to start: File recovery - ArchWiki.

Sorry for the inconvenience; in the future you may want to use file instead of device when running from your laptop.

1 Like