Setting aerospike_ssd.conf still can't store data to ssd device?

/etc/aerospike/aerospike_ssd.conf one section :smile:

namespace test {
        replication-factor 2
        memory-size 40G
        default-ttl 30d # 30 days, use 0 to never expire/evict.

# Warning - legacy data in defined raw partition devices will be erased.
        # These partitions must not be mounted by the file system.
        storage-engine device {
                # Use the 2 lines below with actual device paths.
                device /dev/sdb

# The 2 lines below optimize for SSD.
                scheduler-mode noop
                write-block-size 128K

# Use the line below to store data in memory in addition to devices.
               #data-in-memory true
        } 

and /etc/aerospike/aerospike.conf one section as follows:

namespace test {
        replication-factor 2
        memory-size 40G

#storage-engine memory
}

I had set the both configration file,but the records would not store data about records to the ssd device ? Please help me,thanks!

The aerospike.conf is configured for data in memory only, so that will never write to ssd. Also can you be more clear on how your running these configurations? Since Aerospike only support single file configurations.

More info on how to configure can be found here: Aerospike Configuration & Namespace Storage Configuration

Regards,

Jerry

hi, What is the use of this aerospike_ssd.conf ? are’t a conf-file for ssd device ?

I don’t full clearly for the configration file using. please help.

http://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/configure/namespace/storage/ I refer to blow contexts:

Storage Engine Configuration Recipes

The following recipes require modifying the Aerospike Server configuration file which is located /etc/aerospike/aerospike.conf. Each recipe describes the minimal configuration necessary to enable a particular storage engine as well as the storage sizing parameters used by that engine. To get started, open the configuration file in your preferred editor and make the appropriate changes.

sudo $EDITOR /etc/aerospike/aerospike.conf

Recipe for an SSD Storage Engine

The minimal configuration for an SSD namespace requires setting storage-engine to device and adding a device parameter for each SSD to be used by this namespace. In addition, memory-size may need adjusted from the default of 4GB to a size appropriate to handle the expected primary index size, for assistance in sizing the primary index please refer to our Sizing Guide.

Lastly, for performance we recommend reducing the write-block-size from the default of 1MB to 128 Kb on SSD backed namespaces.

namespace <namespace-name> {
    memory-size <SIZE>G     # Maximum memory allocation for primary index
    storage-engine device { # Configure the storage-engine to use persistence
    device /dev/<device>    # raw device
    # device /dev/<device>  # (optional) another raw device
    write-block-size 128K   # adjust block size to make it efficient for SSDs
    }
}

and setting my /etc/aerospike/aerospike.conf file one section as follows:

namespace test {
        replication-factor 2
        memory-size 90G
        storage-engine device {
                # Use the 2 lines below with actual device paths.
                device /dev/sdb
                # The 2 lines below optimize for SSD.
                scheduler-mode noop
                write-block-size 128K

# Use the line below to store data in memory in addition to devices.
                data-in-memory true
        }

#storage-engine memory
}

namespace bar {
        replication-factor 2
        memory-size 4G

storage-engine memory

# To use file storage backing, comment out the line above and use the
        # following lines instead.
#       storage-engine device {
#               file /opt/aerospike/data/bar.dat
#               filesize 16G
#               data-in-memory true # Store data in memory in addition to file.
#       }
}

the other file aerospike_ssd.conf is default when I had installed the aerospike server.

the problem is: also can’t store data to ssd device .please help!

Aerospike will only look at the configuration file that is name aerospike.conf. The aerospike_ssd.conf was provided as an example to show how the namespace storage can be configured to use SSD. You can copy the namespace storage config from aerospike_ssd.conf into the current aerospike.conf or rename the the aerospike_ssd.conf to aerospike.conf and then rename the current aerospike.conf to backup (for later use or delete it, entirely up to you).

Also after changing the configuration, you will need to restart your Aerospike server to reinitialize the configuration settings.

Hi,jerry please you see: excu command: lsscsi [root@test22104-cache-node04 ~]# lsscsi [0:0:0:0] disk ATA SAMSUNG MZ7WD240 DXM8 /dev/sda [1:0:0:0] disk ATA SAMSUNG MZ7WD240 DXM8 /dev/sdb

and I will store data to the sdb device with type ssd. I refered to related SSD Setup steps: step 1: hdparm -I /dev/sdb step 2: rtcwake -m mem -s 180 step 3: hdparm -N /dev/sdb step 4: hdparm -Np33462128 --yes-i-know-what-i-am-doing /dev/sdb step 5: hdparm -N /dev/sdb

Every step is successfull.

Flash (SSD) Initialization dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb bs=128k

One section of configuration of aerosike-server:

namespace test {
        replication-factor 2
        memory-size 4G
        default-ttl 30d 
        storage-engine device {
                device /dev/sdb  #raw device 
                scheduler-mode noop
                write-block-size 128K
                # data-in-memory true
        }
}

However, I can’t store data to the> raw device sdb. What mean raw device be for you?
Please tell me what I maybe take a mistake in ways. How to do me ?

Hi,

Sorry to get back to you late on this, but are you running this on vmware or is it bare metal (meaning on a actual machine)? Also when you dd the drive, how long did you wait for it to complete? Since normally dding the drive takes anywhere from 4 hours or more. Also when we mean RAW device, we mean that no RAID controllers or other software are controlling your SSD. Aerospike can use it as RAW.

Jerry

1 Like

Could you post any errors from log file? Also how are you adding the data? Is it via CLI or other client?