Where to download old releases?

Hi,

I need to install a 3.14 server, but the binaries seems to be no longer available. The download buttons in https://www.aerospike.com/download/server/3.14.1.10 give a page not found. Also the sources of previous version on github seem to be only for 4.x version only.

Is there a place where I can find old releases of aerospike ?

Thanks

Hello Robert -

The 3.14 release ( main line ) was made on June 6th, 2017. While the exact patch build you reference is less than a year old, the 3.14 branch is nearly a year and a half old!

In that year and a half, a lot has happened at Aerospike. Good things.

We released 4.0 on March 7th 2018 - but before then, we also introduced 3.15 and 3.16, and after, we’ve released 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 ( 4.4 coming soon! ).

You can understand how we’d like to put our best foot forward, so we have removed some of those ancient releases from our website, for the open source builds.

You can upgrade, today, from 3.14 to our current builds without service downtime - just do a “rolling update”. 4.2 introduces a storage format change, so when you cross that boundary, you do have to restart with empty storage, which takes longer - but the potential capacity improvements, we think, are well worth it ( we do storage format changes very rarely, but even then, you can roll that change in without cluster downtime ).

To whet your appetite, 4.1 has a massive improvement in intra-cluster communication efficiency, 4.2 has a massive storage efficiency improvement. It’s hard to list all the improvements, major and minor. All the open source builds from 4.0 to now are available on our website.

We want you to use recent builds! They have a lot of great fixes, performance improvements, features.

If there’s a particular reason you need to stay at 3.14, we’d like to know about it. Please either send me a personal note at brian@aerospike.com or reply here.

Thanks

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. The reason we are stuck on 3.14 is that we have some code that rely on large list. I already know there are good reason to upgrade to the last version, but unfortunately in the enterprise things are not always moving as fast as we’d like to.

I’ll forward your arguments internally to relaunch discussions on the topic, but in the meantime if there is a possibility to bring back to life a 3.14 version, it would definitely help.

Thibaut