Did you use the asbackup and asrestore from the same tools package? Which version of the tools / asbackup did you use? There were changes around sindex backup file format. I noticed this Jira:
[TOOLS-2263] - (ASBACKUP) Backup file format changed for sindexes starting in asbackup 3.12.0.
That is addressed in the 8.0.2 tools package. But from the error message described, I am not sure this is related to your issue… If urgent, you can always recreate the sindex manually but if you provide the version details for asbackup or the tools package used, we could check to see whether there are some known compatibility issues.
Ah… didn’t realize this. Not sure if backing up with the asbackup that shipped with 4.5 and restoring with the asrestore that shipped with 6.2. This may still not work, I am not sure, and may not be practical to try. Let me see if I figure something internally… (just for reference, I have opened an internal Jira: TOOLS-2338).
Looks like the issue is a combination of a change in the info protocol between 3.x servers, 6.x, and the way old asrestore parses secondary index info responses. When asrestore restores secondary indexes it makes this info request to the target server sindex-list:ns=<namespace> it compares the results to the secondary indexes in the backup file to make sure it isn’t overwriting an identical version of the sindex. The code for parsing that info response in asbackup 3.2.9 is case sensitive. Newer tools including asbackup 3.14.0 (current newest) are case insensitive. Looking at the info response between server 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 we see…