Extend DB storage capacity and write-block-size

Hi I’hv 2 questions:

1. what will be my write-block-size ? i’m using aws platform for storage/EBS network attached storage. My application will store maximum 1KB data per record. I set write-block-size 2K. is it ok or i need to change it 128K?

2. My EBS storage (initial size 30 GB) . My disk is almost 60% full. How can i extend my storage? should i need to add another disk? Then what will be my namespace config. my current config is:

namespace nmessage { replication-factor 2 memory-size 2G default-ttl 30d # 30 days, use 0 to never expire/evict. storage-engine device { device /dev/xvdf scheduler-mode noop write-block-size 2K } }

3. memory-size 3G what is the meaning of this? i’m storing data to the disk, why i need to specify memory-size 3G?

1. The write-block-size should be sized by your data and disk hardware but 128K should be the minimum. Do not use 2k or you will have terrible performance.

2. You can just add another disk. The config will accept multiple device statements so you can attach another disk as device /dev/xvdg (or whatever your 2nd disk mount id is). You can also add a new server to the cluster with a bigger drive, wait until the migration is done, and then remove the older server completely.

3. Even if you’re writing to SSDs, the indexes are still held in memory so you need enough RAM to store all the index data.

1 Like