Problem installation on Ubuntu

Hi !!!

I am a little bit in my trouble to install Aerospike on Ubuntu, because this command for the installation of the packadge on the server does not exist: $ sudo ./asinstall. (answer: command not found) My Virtual Machine is VirtualBox. Thank you for your answer.

Pierrot

Can you give us more details? whats been done so far? what files are in your directory? did you extract?

Hello Please find my configuration and the list of my Aerospike installation. I followed the installation and update procedure from this link https://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/install/tools/ubuntu I could not do anything from this line The contents of the directory should include:

• asinstall - A script to automate the installation process
  • aerospike-tools- .ubuntu14…x86_64.deb - Aerospike command-line tools and utilities. How to do this with asinstall ???

Thank you for your lighting.

Pierrot

CONFIGURATION
PC portable Windows10
Machine Virtuel : VirtualBox
Serveur Ubuntu : Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64 tty1
INSTALLATION AEROSPIKE
$ sudo loadkeys fr
$ ls -a
.                                                  .bash_history
..                                                 .bash_logout
aerospike-server-community-4.2.0.4-ubuntu16        .bashrc
aerospike-server-community-4.2.0.4-ubuntu16.04     .bashrc
aerospike.tgz                                      .profile
aerospike-tools-4.2.0.4-ubuntu16                   .ssh
asinstall (empty folder).

Did you only want the tools?

Hi !!!

I don’t why I can’t install “asinstall” on Aerospike ? I give my error :

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ cd aerospike-tools-3.15.3.8.ubuntu16
vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~/aerospike-tools-3.15.3.8.ubuntu16$ sudo ./asinstall
sudo: ./asinstall: command not found

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ dpkg -l | grep aerospike-tools
ii  aerospike-tools                  3.15.3.8                                   amd64        Aerospike server tools.
vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ asadm
Seed:        [('127.0.0.1', 3000, None)]
Config_file: /home/vagrant/.aerospike/astools.conf, /etc/aerospike/astools.conf
Aerospike Interactive Shell, version 0.1.19

ERROR: Not able to connect any cluster with [('127.0.0.1', 3000, None)].
vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$  aql
Seed:         127.0.0.1
User:         None
Config File:  /etc/aerospike/astools.conf /home/vagrant/.aerospike/astools.conf
2018-07-29 01:20:30 WARN Failed to connect to seed 127.0.0.1 3000. AEROSPIKE_ERR_CONNECTION Socket write error: 111, 127.0.0.1:3000
Error -10: Failed to connect

Thank you for your help

The asinstall script is part of the server package:

It installs the server and tools.

Fixed the url.

Hi !! I saw your script about Installation on Ubuntu. I beginning on Ubuntu, I can’t to run your script. I copied this and put on Cmder emulation Ubuntu, with ROOT, but Nothing, could you tell me how to do this executable :

C:\Users\Dev-Pro\aerospike-vm\vagrant
λ vagrant ssh
Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-153-generic x86_64)

* Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/
Last login: Mon Jul 30 23:47:16 2018 from 10.0.2.2
vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ sudo -i
root@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$#  #!/bin/bash 
2 # Install Aerospike server and tools on Debian6/Debian7/Ubuntu12.   
3 # This script must be run as root or sudo. 

5 #------------------ 
6 # Verify User 
7 #------------------ 

9 if [ $EUID -ne 0 ] 
10 then 
11 	echo "This script requires root or sudo privileges." 
12 	exit 1 
13 fi 
63 	echo dpkg "$@" aerospike-server-*.deb 
64 	dpkg "$@" aerospike-server-*.deb 
65 fi 

Thank you.

asinstall is in the sever tarball.

$ tar xvf aerospike-server.tgz
$ cd aerospike-server-*
$ sudo ./asinstall
$ sudo ./aerospike-tools-deps/install.sh

Hi !! Thank you for your command, it’s ok to install " ./asintall" and “aerospike Tools with this command : dpkg -l | grep aerospike-tools”.

It’s not clear to configure Tools Configuration File, I used this example from Aerspike :slight_smile : root@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~/aerospike-tools-3.15.3.8.ubuntu16.04.x86_64.deb# host=“127.0.0.1:3000” port=3000 tls-enable=true tls-enable=true: command not found

I can’t install “asdm, aql, asinfo, asbackup” I have by example this error : root@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~/aerospike-server-community-4.2.0.7-ubuntu16.04# aql Seed: 127.0.0.1 User: None Config File: /etc/aerospike/astools.conf /root/.aerospike/astools.conf 2018-07-31 08:00:53 WARN Failed to connect to seed 127.0.0.1 3000. AEROSPIKE_ERR_CONNECTION Socket write error: 111, 127.0.0.1:3000 Error -10: Failed to connect

I try to install this Aerospike system with many difficulties, but it’s no easy, Iwould like just undestand to do my education project with university.

Thank you for your help.

See my edit above on installing tools after ./asinstall. Those are from my notes on when I installed Aerospike on Ubuntu. (BTW - don’t use TLS just yet - takes a bit of configuration to set it up on both sides - aql(client) and aerospike(server).)

Hi !!! I see your response, please what does mean BTW ? You advise me, that I don’t use TLS, but I use Vagrant where iI find TLS. How I do this ?

Thank you.

BTW -> By the way… sorry for using acronyms. TLS - Transport Layer Security - when enabled in aerospike server configuration file - encrypts traffic between aerospike client and aerospike server - its only available in Aerospike Enterprise Edition.