The 1.0.56 release of the Python client came out on November 22, 2015 and is available for download here. It boasts a number of features and fixes:
- Releasing the GIL around key-value operations. CLIENT-528
- Added the batch_direct config param for manual control over the batch protocol. CLIENT-569
- Added RH7 support. Thanks @bharathbrat.
- Added Ubuntu 15 support. Thanks @lwille.
- Updated the manual build document.
- Fixed issue #85 - installer error in environments where the user does not have permission to copy system Lua files to the correct directory. Thanks @RonRothman.
- Fixed issue #82 - vary the shared-memory cluster tending key by host; added shm_key(). CLIENT-71.
- Fixed a bug occuring in get_nodes when the cluster had one node. CLIENT-566
- Fixed a bug in client config when the host address is a unicode string. CLIENT-556
- Fixed issue #88 - expanded the function signature for loggers.
- Fixed increment() to require an integer value. CLIENT-571
- Fixed a parsing bug in info(). CLIENT-118
- Fixed an incorrect exception raised for callback function errors. CLIENT-555
- Fixed tests containing the deprecated scan_info to use job_info. CLIENT-573
- Fixed an inaccurate geospatial test.
- Fixed typos in the API documentation. Thanks @tigran-a.
The full release notes are available here.