Repo for CentOS/Rhel?

Hi,

Are there any plans for a REPO for Centos and Rhel?

It’s really annoying to keep doing rpm -e to remove the rpm and then download the new versions and then rpm to install them. I have 3 front-end servers now, but adding more servers will becoming annoying and time consuming.

I’d rather just do yum update.

Also, I have my own custom rpms that now depend on aerospike and I can’t put them into my own repo because of this.

Thanks

I will forward this request.

You shouldn’t need to do rpm -e. It should just be rpm -U updated-package.rpm. This way you do not have to keep fixing your config files.

I cannot recommend enough having a tool such as Ansible for such automatons.

Alternatively, you could use cssh on linux, csshx on mac, or ClusterPutty on windows. But these tools would still need a person in control, whereas with Ansible, you could just start the job and monitor the progress.

I will forward this request.

Thanks

You shouldn't need to do rpm -e. It should just be rpm -U updated-package.rpm. This way you do not have to keep fixing your config files.

Yeah you right. But I have had issues in the past with aerospike rpms that I’ve had to do -e to resolve it and this is on a production machine.

I cannot recommend enough having a tool such as Ansible for such automatons.

Alternatively, you could use cssh on linux, csshx on mac, or ClusterPutty on windows. But these tools would still need a person in control, where ansible you could just start the job and monitor the progress.

No thanks. I have bash scripts that do all of that for me. I am running 10 servers via ssh, with my own python/bash scripts for deployment and running free monitoring tools of which some i forked myself.

+1 for CentOS, due to its high performance TCP stack and better options for e.g. zero-copy networking stuff.