Segmentation fault when scanning in Python

I’m getting a “Segmentation Fault: 11” when calling foreach on a scan. My client is in Python 2.7.10 running on OS X Yosemite. The cluster is seven machines running Debian. There are about 2 billion records.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there a fix or another way to iterate over the records?

That seems like a bug report in the making, so please open it in the GitHub repo aerospike/aerospike-client-python. It would be good to have the aerospike.conf of the nodes, which release of the Python client you’re using, the server version.

Sample code for how you’re triggering the problem helps as well, and description of whether you see that segfault right away, or after a certain number of records stream back.

Okay, I’ll open a bug report. I was hoping it was a known issue with a known fix.

I see the error when foreach is called. The callback method never gets invoked.

Thanks.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reporting Python Issue 68 - I’m linking it to this original post for everyone’s reference.

Regards,

Maud

Hi. See the update on the ticket. Please check whether the problem persists with the latest client and server releases.

Release 1.0.49 seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

1 Like