XDR isn't available in the community edition? / XDR no es disponible desde el inicio?

Mi pregunta es: De verdad XDR, funciona sólo con la versión comercial? es decir si necesito varios servers a través del planeta, debemos empezar pagando sólo para tener esta característica? porque luego dice que el numero de servers es ilimitado??? cual es la diferencia entre tener varios servers y XDR? tengo entendido que es lo mismo, porque para qué tener los mismos server en el mismo sitio?

(Google translate) My question is really XDR , works only with the commercial version ? ie if I need multiple servers across the planet , we must begin paying just to have this feature?

Yes, XDR is an enterprise only feature.

(Google Translate) Sí, XDR es una empresa única característica.

(Google Translate) because then he says that the number of servers is unlimited ??? which is the difference between having multiple servers and XDR ? I have understood that it is the same, because what have the same server in the same place ?

The difference between having multiple servers spread across the earth forming a single cluster is that XDR is designed for these high latency connections, the server is not. The server replicates synchronously internally, XDR operates asynchronously with the remote data center. Aerospike simply will not perform well in the architecture you are proposing.

(Google Translate) La diferencia entre tener varios servidores distribuidos en la formación de un solo clúster tierra es que XDR está diseñado para estas conexiones de alta latencia, el servidor no lo es. El servidor se replica de forma sincronizada internamente, XDR opera de forma asíncrona con el centro de datos remoto. Aerospike simplemente no funcionará bien en la arquitectura que usted propone.

Comprendo. Entonces en definitiva, pensar en una replicación a nivel datacenter no es el caso, para Aerospike, incluso si se tiene la versión comercial con XDR ó sólo NO funcioná bien con la versión comunitaria?

(Google Translate) I understand . So in short, think of a datacenter replication level is not the case , for Aerospike , even if you have the retail version with XDR or just does not work well with the community version ?

Google translate was not able to translate to something I could understand.

Datacenter replication should not be used for high latency connections because the replication is synchronous before replying to the application. This is where XDR on Enterprise fits.

Google traducir no era capaz de traducir a algo que podía entender.

(Google Translate) Replicación Datacenter no debe utilizarse para conexiones de alta latencia porque la replicación es sincrónico antes de responder a la solicitud. Aquí es donde XDR de la Empresa encaja.

ok, and if I take the version of the community, Aerospike can switch to enterprise version on the fly, without stopping nothing? (for the property to make XDR)

It would require a rolling restart to upgrade from Community to Enterprise and this upgrade would have to use cold-start on last time.

If you are trying to use the XDR binary with Aerospike Community may not work on the source end, the destination, I think, would be fine.

@sunil Will the community version communicate properly with XDR on source and destination clusters?

It won’t work properly in the source end as the source nodes need to do some extra work for the sake of xdr. The community server will not do that.

The destination can be community edition. No issues with that.