Aerospike Go client version 5.0.0 was released on May 11, 2021.
This is a major feature release. It is also a major breaking release. We have adopted Go’s module system as recommended by the Go authors, so the new release moves the active branch to
v5 . As such, the import path changes to
github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/v5. The master branch remains in place to allow maintenance for the older v4 classic version until most users get the chance to upgrade.
This release also changes the way errors work in the client, and invalidates the old way. This allows the client to support Go’s somewhat new
errors.As API, and properly chain errors together.
Also note that the Go Client now requires Aerospike Server version 4.9+ and will not work properly with older versions.
- Limits keys to
bytetypes. The old
ListValuearrays as types are not supported anymore.
- Remove TLS code support for golang v1.8 and before.
/typesto the root of the package, and removes all other error type like
- [CLIENT-1526] - Removes
Recordset.Read()and avoids multiplexing of
Recordset.Results(), and unexports the
- Remove legacy client code for old servers. Go client now requires server version 4.9+.
Statement.PredExp, and only use the
Policy.PredExpto avoid confusion.
PredExphas been deprecated and replaced by
- Renames type
ErrFilteredOutif an expression is passed to the API and some records were filtered out, regardless of
Client.CreateRole()now requires quota information in the param list.
ScanPolicy.ConcurrentNodes. Now only uses
.MaxConcurrentNodesto avoid confusion.
- Moves the
- Adopts module system and changes the import paths to
- [CLIENT-1476] - Support new expressions introduced in server version 5.6, including
- [CLIENT-1463] - Support boolean particle type and make it opt-in for reflection API via
- [CLIENT-1522] - Support user quotas and statistics.
- [CLIENT-1492] - Remove ability to use old authentication protocol. This works behind the scenes and doesn’t have any impact on user code.
- [CLIENT-1081] - Adds
Errorinterface, changes all API signature to return
GomegaStringerinterface to prevent very long error messages in tests.