AMC Issues (AER-3880)


#1

Hey guys,

i found two issues about the AMC Web server:

First one:

URL: http://localhost:8081/test Result: 404 Issue: document type is application/json, but it should be text/html otherwise web browsers have issues with the error page.

The Second:

I’m using lighttpd proxy to secure the console with htaccess and make is accessible via port 80. I’m accessing the amc console with another url (example.com/aero/) instead of aero:8081/. It works like a charm with a bunch of redirecting rules, but you guys have a issue with your ahref links (navigation):

you using:

<a id="latencyTabLink" href="/#latency/...">Latency</a>

the correct format would be

<a id="latencyTabLink" href="#latency/...">Latency</a>

the prefix of “/” is not necessary.

Hopefully there is a bunch of free to to fix this two things :smile:

Greetings !


#3

Hi Blonkel,

Thanks for reporting these 2 issues with AMC. I have conveyed them to engineering team; they are likely to be fixed soon.

thanks, samir


#4

blonkel -

A JIRA has been filed to follow up on this; it’s AER-3606, just for reference. Please stay tuned for updates on our progress.

Regards,

Maud


#5

Hey !

We noticed you fixed the issues in the latest amc release ! First of all thank you, this makes it possible for us to use AMC in a safe and easy way on our smartphones.

Anyways we still found some things (not that critical):

  • switch cluster (on the right side) still uses the old ahref style (/#)
  • #Definition -> Sets sorting is always alphabetically and thus broken for all numerical columns (e.g. object counts)
  • all ajax requests have the same issue as the ahref links (they all going to /dir instead of dir). This leads to a lot of redirect rules for us and prevents us from using a bunch of dirs on the root. It would be awesome if theres any possibility that those links are fixed too :).

Here are our rules for lighttpd if someone wants to setup it like we did. Afterwards it possible to connect to amc via https://example.com/admin/amc/. Hint: secure it via httpsaccess & use https for security reasons.

$HTTP["url"] =~ "(^/static/)" { proxy.server  = ( "" => ("" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 81 ))) }
$HTTP["url"] =~ "(^/aerospike/)" { proxy.server  = ( "" => ("" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 81 ))) }
$HTTP["url"] =~ "(^/get_amc_version)" { proxy.server  = ( "" => ("" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 81 ))) }
$HTTP["url"] =~ "(^/get_current_monitoring_clusters)" { proxy.server  = ( "" => ("" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 81 ))) }
$HTTP["url"] =~ "(^/set-update-interval)" { proxy.server  = ( "" => ("" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 81 ))) }
$HTTP["url"] =~ "(^/admin/amc/)" { proxy.server  = ( "" => ("" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 81 ))) }
$SERVER["socket"] == ":81" {
    url.rewrite-once = ( "^/admin/amc/(.*)$" => "/$1" )
    proxy.server  = ( "" => ( "" => ( "host" => "127.0.0.1", "port" => 8081 ))) 
}

#6

Hi Blonkel,

thank you for your feedback. The feedback is being reviewed by engineering team and will keep you posted.

-samir


#7

Hi Blonkel,

thanks for reporting the issue. Engineering team have been notified and have accepted as a bug that will be fixed in upcoming releases. The issue has been logged as AER-3880.

thanks again, samir