Bin modification operation cannot be done on an existing bin due to its value type

Hey Guys,

I am trying to delete the node, aerospike returns the error “Bin modification operation cannot be done on an existing bin due to its value type” but records get deleted from the database.

AerospikeError: Bin modification operation cannot be done on an existing bin due to its value type. and path root.system.awt.cats.hands and {“ns”:“test”,“set”:“configuration-registry”,“key”:“root.system.awt.cats.hands”,“digest”:null}

What’s meaning of this error ? Is this bug of aerospike ? I am using aerospike package v3.0.2

Aerospike is schemaless, so a bin email can be a string in one record and a list of strings in another record. If you try to do a prepend operation on a list, or a list-append operation on a string, you’ll get that error.

You should consider upgrading to the latest release, currently at 3.15.0.2. The engineering blog has an explanation of what’s new in each release, for example 3.13 and 3.14.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to delete the bin then I am getting this error. I have tree level structure of my aerospike database. I am doing delete operation depth first.

If you don’t mind, it helps to know which version of the server you’re working against, using which client (and version). What’s your OS on the client and server?