Cannot install monitoring stack using Ansible

I am using Ubuntu on Windows for my Ansible client, and I was able to successfully set up a cluster on AWS using “ansible-playbook aws-setup.yml” and “ansible-playbook install-aerospike.yml”, however I am getting error for “ansible-playbook aerospike-monitoring-setup.yml”:

TASK [Install grafana (Amzn Linux)] ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [ec2-3-95-7-71.compute-1.amazonaws.com]

TASK [Set up prometheus config directory] **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Get cluster ip addresses] ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Get cluster ip addresses] ********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ok: [ec2-3-95-7-71.compute-1.amazonaws.com] => (item=ec2-44-199-191-102.compute-1.amazonaws.com)
ok: [ec2-3-95-7-71.compute-1.amazonaws.com] => (item=ec2-54-197-122-123.compute-1.amazonaws.com)
ok: [ec2-3-95-7-71.compute-1.amazonaws.com] => (item=ec2-54-226-254-248.compute-1.amazonaws.com)

TASK [Get client ip addresses] *********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [ec2-3-95-7-71.compute-1.amazonaws.com]: FAILED! => {"msg": "'dict object' has no attribute 'aerospike_client'"}

PLAY RECAP *****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
ec2-3-95-7-71.compute-1.amazonaws.com : ok=9    changed=1    unreachable=0    failed=1    skipped=6    rescued=0    ignored=0
localhost                  : ok=3    changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=0    skipped=10   rescued=0    ignored=0

The article Ansible for Aerospike by @Ken_Tune has a corresponding GitHub repo aerospike-examples/aerospike-ansible. You should open an issue there to ask.

If you run “ansible-playbook aerospike-java-client-setup.yml” & then “ansible-playbook aerospike-monitoring-setup.yml” this error should go away

This worked. Thanks @Ken_Tune!
The java client setup script created a new EC2 instance. I was thinking this might be used by the monitoring setup, but that created another instance for its purposes. What is the other one for?

This instance has our benchmarking software installed on it, so you can easily run a process which generates reads and writes to the database. More at

You can terminate it if you like, having created the monitoring stack.

There was a dependency in aerospike-monitoring-setup.yml that relied on aerospike-java-client.yml having been run. I’ve removed that dependency. @tgitchel