Hi, We have the following requirements for our database technology evaluation:
high performance - throughput + latency. ideal to have both → preferably makes use of memory for high performance but can spill over to NVMe/SSD/HDD so we don’t need high memory machines → non-distributed, single node → concurrent r/w access → snapshots → embeddable in Rust (preferrably) → we don’t need a binlog or any sort of append only log
While reviewing various databases, Aerospike caught our attention but had a few questions:
- Do you have sample configurations to run Aerospike in a single node mode. If not a step by step how-to would be really helpful.
- How are read and writes impacted if we run Aerospike in single node from a consistency standpoint
- Does Aerospike use multiple threads for its read/write operations?
- Do you have any benchmarks with LMDB (libmdbx)?
- Are there any limitations/restrictions to using a key-value in-memory + disk storage for Community Edition of Aerospike?
- In the requirements list above, do you see anything in the list which Aerospike may not be able to support?
- What security features are available in CE by default? Is x509 certificates or any other key based authentication available in CE?
- Does porting from CE to EE require DB/Server rebuild or its just a config change?
Appreciate your answers.