Introducing the new Aerospike PHP 7 client (we've moved the PHP 5 client)

php
php5
php7

Dear Aerospike Users,

We’d like to introduce our new Aerospike client for PHP 7. This client supports PHP versions >= 7.

To access this client, read about the differences from the previous Aerospike PHP Client, and read about the documentation and dependencies, go to this repo.

The legacy Aerospike PHP 5 client has been moved to this repo. This client supports PHP versions 5.3.3+, 5.4, 5.5, and 5.6.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Hey guys, (@Mnemaudsyne / @rbotzer) couple of things I wanted to mention…

Firstly, moving the old code to a different repo and keeping this one for new code (7+) wasn’t really the best idea, it forced us to create application updates on deployments where composer was unable to load Aerospike from the cache as the repo no longer existed - bit of a no no really, the new code (for upgraders) should have been moved to the new repo, and legacy code left to die as it were.

Anyhoo, that aside, I’m also wondering why the const values for things like Aerospike::OK etc have been commented out? This comes in really handy when building apps using Aerospike in the IDE where’s now all I see are yellow warnings all over my code as it can’t find the constant values - the code still runs of course, but just makes it messy and developing using new options etc requires me to go the the aerospike class and find those values? Bit of a step backwards for me - shame :confused:

Thanks for releasing support though, just could have been smoother - I’ll post those comments in the GitHub repo

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m cleaning up and expanding stub PHPDoc code in the repo. On our end it’ll be used to generate web pages in our API docs.

No problem, thanks @rbotzer

Adding a note that the API documentation is now hosted on our site at https://www.aerospike.com/apidocs/php/

Within the client repo itself there is a PHP stub under docs/phpdoc. You can import the stub into your IDE for auto-completion, or build the API documentation using phpDocumentor

phpdoc run -v -d phpdoc/ -t html/