Need documents on deploying of Java client for Aerospike

Hi there,

I was browsing through the pages for java client, I couldnt find a clear single document that suggests step by step procedure for deploying Java client.

thanks

anyone out there can guide me on how to deploy Java client, I have downloaded the client jar files and sdk as well, not sure how to proceed from there, as this is first time am deploying Aerospike, I just dont want to create any conflicts in installation

can i deploy java client on a windows systems and use the client to benchmark aerospike server installed on Linux ?

Hi,

Java Client Library can be added as a dependency to your project. For example if you are using maven for dependency management you can add following code to your pom file. You can configure java client on windows and server on linux.

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.aerospike</groupId>
<artifactId>aerospike-client</artifactId>
<version>3.1.7</version>
</dependency>

Hi I am not using Maven, not sure about how to use the same as well, but I have downloaded Java SDK as recommended by aerospike site and then downloaded the java client provided by the same site, tried to install the client (which says it is jar file along with dependencies), but it kind of throws an error as below

“no main manifest attribute, in aerospike-client-3.1.7-jar-with-dependencies.jar”

while looking at the examples of benchmark i found that maven might be required to execute sample benchmarks, so have downloaded maven and installed, it was successful, but when I i tried mvn package it was failing with build errors, figured that maven was looking for “maven-resources-plugin-2.6.jar”, have downloaded that plugin separately and tried installing the same,but that as well failing with below error

“no main manifest attribute, in maven-resources-plugin-2.6.jar”

can someone guide me

I assume you are installing aerospike java client in windows system.

If you have proper installation of java and maven then you can build aerospike java client.

Please follow maven installation steps mentioned in http://www.mkyong.com/maven/how-to-install-maven-in-windows/

Hi Jyoti,

infact am parallely trying on both linux and windows for client installation, I have followed the link/article provided to install Maven, seems pretty straight forward just unzip the Maven software, i did just exactly as shown in article, also i have downloaded from Oracle site and installed JDK as suggested 1.8 ,

environment variables are set, but to verify when i run a sample command, it throws an error as below:

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Administrator>mvn -version [INFO] Scanning for projects… [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 0.203 s [INFO] Finished at: 2015-11-20T14:46:55+05:30 [INFO] Final Memory: 13M/491M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory (C:\Users\Administrator). Please verify you invoked Maven fro m the correct directory. → [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit ch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea d the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MissingProject Exception

Hi Jyoti,

I took a clean windows box and installed Maven and Java, which seems to be working, but still the java client seems to be not correctly working, success message of maven as below

C:\SW\aerospike-client-java-3.1.7\aerospike-client-java-3.1.7\examples>mvn -v Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T08:41:4 7-08:00) Maven home: C:\Program Files\Apache\maven Java version: 1.7.0_79, vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252 OS name: “windows server 2008 r2”, version: “6.1”, arch: “amd64”, family: “windo ws”

C:\SW\aerospike-client-java-3.1.7\aerospike-client-java-3.1.7\examples>

after success of maven and java, i took zip type file of java client and unzipped the same in the windows box, it got extracted and contains 5 folders -benchmark, client, servelets, test, examples and some other files,

I went to examples folder and ran mvn package command as I did previously, and the build fails with below error,

-resources-plugin/2.6/maven-resources-plugin-2.6.pom [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 0.967 s [INFO] Finished at: 2015-11-20T10:27:29-08:00 [INFO] Final Memory: 9M/310M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org. apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:2.6 from/to central (https: //repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): repo.maven.apache.org: Unknown host repo.maven. apache.org → [Help 1] [ERROR] [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit ch. [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging. [ERROR] [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please rea d the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginResoluti onException

thanks

Also in Aerospike site, I see the recommendation to add the below content to xml file

where should I add it, can I add that in end of file or is there any specific format / place I should add the below content for dependencies ?

com.aerospike aerospike-client 3.1.7

between, does these benchmark tools allow me to load some random data of say 50GB etc ?