[resolved] [aerospike-server 3.6.3 ] System Shutdown With Panic : runtime error: index out of range

go

#1

The Panic StackTrace Is As Follow :


goroutine 42 [running]:
github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go.(Node).addFriends(0xc8200e3970, 0xc8217071d0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
/home/figo/develop/env/GOPATH/src/github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/node.go:155 +0x44e
github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go.(Node).Refresh(0xc8200e3970, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
/home/figo/develop/env/GOPATH/src/github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/node.go:102 +0x2b7
github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go.(Cluster).tend(0xc82160a000, 0x0, 0x0)
/home/figo/develop/env/GOPATH/src/github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/cluster.go:170 +0x1c7
github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go.(Cluster).clusterBoss(0xc82160a000, 0xc82000a1e0)
/home/figo/develop/env/GOPATH/src/github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/cluster.go:115 +0x237
created by github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go.NewCluster
/home/figo/develop/env/GOPATH/src/github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/cluster.go:92 +0x5b6

We Using [ aerospike-client-go ] with version 2015-7-17 .

That Driver working well with Aerospike-Server 3.5 / 3.6.0 which is without this panic. On the Aerospike-Server 3.6.3 ,We see that panic each two days in the afternoon .

How do i slove that PANIC ?


#2

This is known issue we got it too while testing. Update to the newest go-client version can solve this.

Hope it can help.


#4

i think the go-client newest version is released in Oct but the 3.6.3 is newer , will this issue affect other version of aerospike-server


#5

As mentioned by Vincent, the issue has been resolved in the latest client, and will work for the older server as well.


#6

well , i think you have misunderstanding . i have now run 3.6.0 server with old drivers , it’s ok . but when i use 3.6.3, this issue appeared . so i wanna to know whether it’s just because the old driver i have used has this issue on new version of aerospike servers (>3.6.0)


#7

@jinxiao, Appears this issue was posted multiple times, I believe my response to a separate post answers your question:

You will need to upgrade your client. There was an old regression discovered in how the services list were sent to the clients. The go client project started after this regression was introduced and became dependent on the malformed string.

This commit resolves the issue: https://github.com/aerospike/aerospike-client-go/commit/2a16dc4a8459c74564d1db75aafceda9326c75ac and is included in the Go client 1.7.0 release.