Aerospike Server Community Edition 3.5.12 is out! It’s available for download here.
The highlights of the release are as follows:
- Better protection against unexpected protocol messages.
- Improved Cloud Environment Support for using network devices and adapting firewall rules.
- LDT backup support.
It provides the following enhancements:
- (KVS) Issue-46 - Add option for sending of keep-alive packets on all inter-node sockets, for deployments with firewall rules which actively reap idle connections.
- (KVS) [AER-3557] - Add device shadowing functionality, for persistence on network devices in addition to ephemeral storage.
- (SCAN) [AER-1801] - Add scan-abort-all.
- (LDT) [AER-3609] - Add support for LDT backup.
- (AQL) Add EDIGEST and DIGEST as option of performing operation based on encoded and non-encoded digest string.
In addition, this release fixes a plethora of issues:
- (KVS) [AER-3633]/[AER-3616]/[AER-3688]/[AER-3538] - Improve unexpected as_msg - compressed as_msg; namespace too long, extra data than specified.
- (KVS) [AER-3662] - Improve unexpected as_info - protect against info command with ‘:’ and not terminated with ‘\n’.
- (KVS) [AER-3683] - Fail on configuration with replication-factor 0.
- (KVS) [AER-3598] - Enforce maximum device size for both files and raw devices (2TB). Minor SSD clean up.
- (KVS) [AER-3615] - Logging fix - Fix cf_*_binary() to be safe against > 1kb. Refactor rw_cleanup(). Refactor as_transaction_error().
- (SINDEX) [AER-3437] - Fix potential duplicate results returned on query by range due to entries not garbage collectable.
- (SINDEX) [AER-3573] - Fix query failure when clients send setname=NULL (instead of no setname).
- (SCAN) [AER-3609] - Support LDT elements. Improve message buffer growing scheme.
- (SCAN) - Set the client socket file descriptor to blocking during a scan, to avoid CPU-intensive retry loops.
- (UDF) - Do not send replica message on UDF failures on not-found files.
- (LDT) [AER-3594] - Fix failed element delete caused by double-split leaf no longer connected.
- (LDT) - Add some more parameter check for the llist functions. Print parent record on open failure.
- (LDT) - Return proper error code if empty string is sent and binName or the key Type mismatch across multiple operations. Fix error code conversion.
- (AQL) [AER-3620] - Fix for authentication fail error message logging during cluster connect for security enabled server.
Click here to view the release notes with the full list of fixes.
To explore the capabilities of Aerospike, you will want to download a client library with benchmarks and examples.