Aerospike Server Community Edition 3.8.1 was released on April 15, 2016 and is available for download here. Be sure to read @Alvin_Richards’s (Aerospike VP of Product) blog post on the 3.8 release. Try it for yourself and discuss your results in this thread. We look forward to the feedback of our valued developer community!
This major release contains a known issue, as well as a number of new features, improvements, bug fixes, and an update to Aerospike Tools.
- Telemetry. For more information, click here.
- Secondary Index on List and Map. For more information, see list-index and map-index.
- Geospatial is now GA (Generally Available), i.e., production-ready.
- New Platforms - CentOS 7, Debian 8 with systemd compatibility.
- [AER-4496] - (KVS) Transaction data structure trimmed for better cache-alignment, boosting performance.
- [AER-4874] - (KVS) Info transaction data structure trimmed for performance.
- [AER-4655] - (KVS) Granular eviction histogram to give predictable eviction. No more random record evictions within a histogram bucket. Introduce evict-hist-buckets configuration.
- [AER-4896] - (KVS) Move all sample config files into a sub directory.
- [AER-4912] - (KVS) Make aerospike compilable on ppc.
- [AER-4845] - (Fabric) Replica and migration writes should also use namespace jemalloc arenas, to minimize fragmentation in data-in-memory configuration.
- [AER-4888] - (KVS) Epoll race condition could leave some demarshal threads unused.
- [AER-4698] - (Fabric) Node missing services list after quick restart.
- [AER-4907] - (UDF) Writes bypassed stop_write check, resulting in storage full.
- aerospike-tools 3.8.0
Click here to view the official release notes.
To explore the capabilities of Aerospike, you will want to download a client library with benchmarks and examples.
Interested in a trial of the Aerospike Enterprise Edition (EE), the commercial edition of our database software? Fill out this form to access the EE and the Aerospike Management Console (AMC) free of charge for 60 days for evaluation and development.