The 1.0.43 version of the Python client was released on April 24, 2015 and can be downloaded here.
This release boasts the following features:
- Allow for a ‘None’ as the set value for index creation methods. Support scans and queries against a namespace alone, with the set given as None. (AER-3462)
- Consistent Unicode Handling. This is a change in how string values are returned. Both ‘str’ and ‘unicode’ values are converted by the client into UTF-8 encoded strings for storage on the Aerospike server. Read methods such as get, Query, Scan and operate will return that data as UTF-8 encoded str values. To get a Unicode, you will need to manually decode the string.
The release also fixes three issues:
- Fixed Issue 49 - udf_put() hangs. (AER-3537)
- Fixed a segfault which happened while scanning a namespace with ‘None’ given for the set. (AER-3464)
- Fixed Issue 50 - test harness skips running security methods against community edition.
The full release notes are available here.