Upgrading CE from 3.10 to 5.x

I am trying to figure out how to upgrade an old version of CE (3.10) to the recent version 5.x on a cluster of 3 nodes with repl-factor = 2

Going through the documentation, i was able to list the following steps.

Upgrade to 3.13 (due to cluster protocol changes) Upgrade to 4.3 (due to storage format changes) Upgrade to 4.9.0.7 (as a pre-requisite step before upgrading to 5.x) and finally, upgrade to 5.x

I would like to know if the above steps are enough or some might be skipped. Also, my understanding is that AS supports mix-versions cluster, and so the upgrade can go one node at a time (e.g. 5.x node can still work with 3.10 node)

Thanks

The doc is hopefully clear enough in terms of special upgrades listed here: https://www.aerospike.com/docs/operations/upgrade/aerospike/special_upgrades/index.html

You certainly need to get all nodes to 3.13 for the cluster protocol change. You also then to get all nodes on 4.9 before proceeding to 5.0.

A 5.X node will not work with a 3.10 node. The rule to have mix version node is true ‘in general’, which means, there are exceptions as those mentioned here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.